This document contains known issues for Acrobat DC not covered in the Acrobat and Reader documentation. Adobe identified the following issues at the time Acrobat DC was released. Separate help documents or release notes cover issues that arose since the release. If an update fixes an issue, the version number is noted. Bugs associated with an issue in this document appear in brackets [ ].
The known issues related to macOS Mojave 10.15 are covered in Acrobat and macOS 10.15 Catalina compatibility.
- Problem: Acrobat DC does not launch if an offline uninstall and reinstall is performed using same Serial Number. 
Workaround: Bring the machine online. On the Sign-In screen, choose to sign in now. Acrobat will launch successfully.
- Problem: There is no option to disable smoothening for pen annotations on touch devices.
- Problem: Text in Text comment gets truncated when font size is large. 
- Problem: Get a Link Spinner rotates infinitely on the transition from online to offline mode. 
- Problem: Avatar missing when the review file is opened in offline mode. 
- Problem: Status for review tab not updated until switching tabs. 
- Problem: In review files, the main comment cannot be deleted if it has a reply/replies. 
- Problem: Windows (INTERMITTENT): 'Publish Comments' button in DMB is active even when no comments are present to be published. 
- Problem: Mac (Network Shared Review): Not able to connect to review server if already signed-in to the server through Finder
- Problem: Performance of scrolling and loading of the Compare annotations in the Compare RHP appears to be slow when diff count >=1000. 
- Problem: Arabic text is corrupted when you start editing existing text in Traditional Arabic. 
- Problem: Find does not work when virtual bounding boxes are visible. 
- Problem: Context menu options are missing if Acrobat is uninstalled and reinstalled (when ContextMenuShim.dll is loaded by Explorer.exe) without restarting the machine. 
- Problem: When installing Acrobat an error dialog "Source file not found" is displayed when the installer file is extracted to a path containing local characters. 
- Problem: (Citrix): Error while initiating a Shared Review on a PDF located at client machine's drive.
- Problem: In case of remote login notifications gets blocked. 
- Problem: Push notifications are not received from Windows Notification Service when a machine is on a virtual private network. 
- Problem: "InsertFromWebPage" option is enabled for a signed doc. 
- Problem: Able to cut the last thumbnail from a file on hovering over the thumbnail. 
- Problem: [Mojave 10.14] Creation of PDF from Portfolio is not showing grant access dialog. 
- Problem: "Edit Value" option is not present for edit "Name" and "Description" field under portfolio Files in Layout View. 
- Problem: "Undo" and "Redo" menus are disabled while creating a portfolio. 
Workaround: Scroll the search hit dialog to view search hits.
- Problem: ACCESSIBILITY: Text in the preview pane disappears in high contrast theme for non-PDF files. 
Workaround: Open the file in the native viewer.
- Problem: REGRESSION: Can't rename folders in a portfolio. 
- Problem: Intermittent: An error is displayed on saving a redacted file when overwriting an existing PDF file during the save operation. 
- Problem: Unusually fast scroll pace observed on a document with pages of different sized when scrolled using the touchpad. 
- Problem: Access Denied error when trying to open PDF file from symbolic link via UNC path. 
- Problem: Regression: Enhance is not working on adjusting enhancement levels using mouse scroll.
- Problem: Mac: Scanning fails on applying manual changes in ICA window while scanning the document. 
- Problem: [Mac] The Acrobat Pro plug-in VerifyURLs.acroplugin available in Acrobat DC SDK is not compatible with Acrobat DC 
- Problem: Cloud-powered search is showing some gibberish suggestions under the Suggestions section in the autocomplete list of the Find tool. 
- Problem: Acrobat crashes while closing a document if there are any pending calls remaining from the Cloud-Powered search service. 
- Problem: Advanced search is very slow on a document opened from the cloud. 
- Problem: New Smart Find functionalities do not work in the Safari browser (Version 11.1.1). 
- Problem: Autocomplete suggestions do not appear if the document is made dirty, followed by invoking the Find dialog. 
- Problem: Find Tool is not accessible by VoiceOver. 
- Problem: Issuer's User notice is missing and Show Issuer's policy button is disabled for Legal Notice tab in Certificate Viewer 
- Problem: [EPV] Crash on signing with smart card on Windows version 1809. 
- Problem: Not able to use Outlook's other windows while outlook Draft message window is active (launched through Send File as attachment).
- Problem: Incorrect participant status is shown in For Signature tab if one of the participants is the sender in Adobe Sign workflow. 
- Problem: Localisation - Activity list is shown in English instead of app locale. 
- Problem: Soft Keyboard does not show up in Touch Mode for Reader due to Protected Mode. 
- Problem: Soft Keyboard is dismissed after selecting the character from character palette in Find or Advance Search field on Windows 7. 
- Problem: In Reader sandbox mode, a warning dialog appears when a user tries to send a file as an attachment via Gmail for the first time. 
- Problem: The following IPM Feature lock down registries do not disable the UI option in the application :
1) Setting bDontShowMsgWhenViewingDoc to either 0 or 1 does not disable “Preferences > General > Don't show messages while viewing a document.”
2) Setting bShowMsgAtLaunch to either 0 or 1 does not disable “Preferences > General > Show me messages when I launch Reader (or Acrobat).”
- Problem: Apps open in with Document as Focus. 
- Problem: Browser: Toolbars are displayed in the Full-Screen mode in IE; PDF does not display in full screen. 
- Problem: Custom tools: Print Pages command fails to open Print dialog. 
Workaround: Use the Organize Pages tool instead of a customized tool.
- Problem: [Mac] User cannot scroll horizontally with Track-pad. 
- Problem: With MergedTitleBar-MenuBar, the Acrobat window seems to have another boundary on changing the scaling on a Surface Pro device. 
- Problem: My Account dialog box is not opening on clicking the Avatar icon when PDF is launched in the Safari browser (version 11 or below). 
- Problem: [Unified Search] Cloud icon overlaps with starred file icon intermittently. 
- Problem: Dark theme: Title bar color doesn't get updated to dark gray on Acrobat launch; gets updated once focus is moved out or window resized. 
- Problem: In case of non-pdf files and/or multi-parcel files, and if you have file index more than 50 in 'For Viewing' tab, Track documents may not work well. 
- Problem: [Mac OS-10.13] Dialog momentarily renders black for 2-3 seconds. [ADC-4220296]
- Problem: Windows preview locks the PDF for saving in Reader/Acrobat. 
- Problem: Apps open with Document as Focus. 
- Problem: Dialogs such as Print, Preference, Header, and Footer are not scaled dynamically on changing the scaling factor. These dialogs are scaled on their relaunch. 
- Problem: Form field properties dialog does not scale dynamically on changing the scaling factor. This dialog is scaled on relaunching Acrobat/Reader. 
- Problem: Scrollbars getting blackened and sliders are missing on scaling down in Internet Explorer. 
- Problem: "Conversion Failure" in Firefox extension on Mac when Reader is installed or updated after Acrobat. 
- Problem: [Win10][IE]: Append/Add to existing PDF is randomly failing in EPM. 
- Problem: [macOS 10.14] FF Web Capture doesn't work if a user has selected "Don't Allow" in permissions dialog.