The following list indicates words you must not use for ColdFusion variables, user-defined function names, or custom tag names. Although you can safely use some of these words in some situations, you can prevent errors by avoiding them entirely.
- Built-in function names, such as Now or Hash can be used as variable names except for the following functions:
You cannot use Built-in Function names as User-Defined Function names. You can, however, use Built-in Function names as User-Defined Function names, when you define the function in a cfc.
- Scope names, such as Form or Session.
- Operators, such as NEQ or IS. For more information, see Operators and expressions.
- The following language elements are keywords in a script syntax:
- local (inside function declaration)
- The following elements are reserved in both script and tags:
- null – can be used as variable names but not as User-Defined Function name.
- You cannot use
cfimportas a variable in a script synatx.
- You cannot use tag names as User-Defined Functions in both tags and script syntaxes.