When upgrading from an old version to a newer version of Premiere Pro, you are sometimes unable to migrate your settings, presets, workspaces, or keyboard settings from the previous release to the latest release (even if you enable the option to import them).
Migration can fail if a previous pre-release version was installed that created a prefs or settings folder. The migration workflow then copies the old preferences and setting to the new release structure but if those files already exist, the migration process does not overwrite them so you do not see your old preferences and settings.
- Move this folder: ~user/Documents/Adobe/Premiere Pro 14.0/<Profile-username> to a different location on your machine to back up your settings.
- Uninstall Premiere Pro 14.0.
- Delete the migration folder. It is located here:
- Windows: users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\OOBE\com.adobe.accc.apps\CCPrefMigration
- macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/OOBE/com.adobe.accc.apps/CCPRefMigration
- From the Creative Cloud desktop application, click Update and select the Import settings checkbox.