While trying to install a Creative Cloud app, the installation hangs in between. You can still use the Creative Cloud desktop app, however the installation does not proceed further.
The Creative Cloud desktop app requires an Internet connection to download and update apps. Verify that you can connect to the Internet, and try again.
Software firewalls restrict access to your computer. Some software firewalls prompt you when a program attempts to access the Internet.
- If prompted, select to allow the Creative Cloud desktop application to access the Internet.
- If you are not prompted, disable software firewalls temporarily to determine whether they are preventing Internet access. See your firewall software documentation for help.
Temporarily disable the antivirus software. See the antivirus documentation for information on temporarily disabling virus check.
Routers can have built-in hardware firewall or proxy servers. To determine if a router is preventing the Creative Cloud desktop application from accessing the Internet:
- Temporarily remove the router from the network.
- Connect the computer directly to a DSL or cable modem. If the download proceeds, the router is preventing access.
- To set up a router to allow access for future downloads, see your router documentation for instructions on setting up port forwarding from the computer. Alternatively, contact your Internet service provider or IT department.
Many organizations use a hardware firewall and proxy server that can prevent software from accessing an outside server. A hardware solution applies to all computers within the corporate network. Most home networks do not use hardware firewall or proxy technology.
- Contact your company’s IT department to obtain firewall or proxy information.
- Configure your browser with proxy or firewall information.
- Configure your corporate firewall to bypass the servers. The following servers are accessed:
Check if your computer has trouble connecting to Adobe's activation servers. For more information on troubleshooting activation server issues, see Advanced connectivity troubleshooting.
If none of the solutions above resolves the issue, you can try downloading the application directly. You need to enter your Adobe ID and password to access the site.