This issue might be related to certain video cards. The workaround is to make Photoshop use a previous version of the Shader Model software, by installing the CS6_shaders.txt file below.
1. Exit out of Photoshop.
2. Download the CS6_shaders.txt.zip file.
3. Double-click the file to unzip it.
4. Copy the resulting CS6_shaders.txt file into the Adobe Photoshop CC 2014 folder.
The default locations for the Photoshop folder are:
- Mac OS: /Applications/Adobe Photoshop CC 2014/
- Windows: Program Files/Adobe/Adobe Photoshop CC 2014/