This document contains known issues and troubleshooting tips not covered in the Acrobat X Suite ReadMe file. Software bugs associated with an issue appear in brackets .
See Adobe Support for late-breaking information and other known issues for Acrobat and Creative Suite applications. Also, make sure that your system meets the minimum System Requirements for the Acrobat X Suite.
- To obtain updates for Acrobat X Pro, log in as an administrator. 
- If you install updates using the Adobe Updater, and the Acrobat Refresh Manager (ARM) starts, ARM sometimes detects that PDAPP.exe is a conflicting process. A workaround is to wait until the Adobe Updater is finished and then try to obtain ARM updates again. 
- You can have problems reinstalling Acrobat X via Acrobat Suite if you uninstalled Acrobat using Add/Remove Programs. The correct workflow is to uninstall the Acrobat Suite. 
- To successfully reinstall Acrobat X after uninstalling it, follow these steps:
1. Start the Acrobat X Suite uninstaller using Add/Remove Programs in the Windows Control Panel.
2. Select Acrobat X Pro through the Acrobat Suite uninstaller. This action removes both the Acrobat X product and the RIBS installer entry.
3. When you're ready to reinstall Acrobat, start the Suite installer and select Acrobat X Pro.
CS5 products in the Acrobat X Suite show Acrobat X Pro in the Updater preference for that product. For example, in Photoshop CS5, the Adobe Updater preferences include Acrobat X Pro. You cannot update Acrobat X Pro using Adobe Updater, so ignore this option in the Updater preferences. 
The Control menu on the title bar does not open for the Adobe Captivate quiz Results Analyzer and Adobe Captivate Reviewer. 
These options under the Help menu are disabled: Device Central Help, Device Central Support Center, New Features, and Getting Started. To fix the problem, apply the Device Central 3.1 patch either via download or the Adobe Updater. 
A runtime error occurs if you start LiveCycle Designer ES2 as the first product after installing Acrobat X Suite. A workaround is to start Acrobat X Pro before starting Designer ES. 
In the Japanese Acrobat X Suite, the name for Adobe Media Player is displayed incorrectly in Add/Remove programs. The displayed name contains "App Name" in English. 
An incorrect EULA (End User License Agreement) can appear for Adobe Presenter 7. To view the correct EULA, start a different product in the Acrobat Suite. 
- Canceling Acrobat Suite installation before it completes can cause problems when you restart the installation. A possible workaround is to use Add/Remove Programs to uninstall any applications you installed before canceling the suite installation. For best results, do not interrupt the Suite installation. 
- The account used to install the Acrobat Suite must have both read and write permission. Installation fails if the account only has read permission. 
- Product performance can suffer if you start the Acrobat Suite installer to install certain products after Acrobat Suite is already installed. 
- The disc space required is about 6.5 GB, not 4.5 GB, as stated in the Acrobat Suite installer reports. 
- Before starting the Acrobat Suite installer, close all other applications, including web browsers. 
- When you uninstall Acrobat Suite, the message "Installation successful" appears instead of "Uninstallation successful." 
- If you uninstall Acrobat X Pro separately using Add/Remove Programs, Acrobat X Pro is still listed among the products Acrobat Suite can uninstall. In general, if you installed Acrobat X Pro as a stand-alone product, uninstall it first before installing Acrobat Suite. After installing Acrobat Suite, you can use the Acrobat Suite uninstaller to uninstall Acrobat X Pro. 
Although Acrobat X Suite supports Windows Server 2003, it's possible that some applications within the Suite, such as Acrobat X Pro, don't install successfully. Also, Community Help is not available for Windows Server 2003. Therefore, Help on Windows Server 2003 is available only for Designer ES2, Presenter 7, and Acrobat X Pro. [2750932, 2754922]