Photoshop ships with technology preview features that you can enable and try out. These features are not yet production-ready, so exercise discretion while using them. Do the following:
- Select Preferences > Technology Previews.
- Select the technology preview feature you want to enable. For example, select Design Space (Preview).
- Click OK.
To enable Multitone 3D printing, you must restart Photoshop.
For more information and a list of known issues, see Design Space (Preview).
A. Toolbar B. Properties C. Layers and Libraries D. Collapse or expand columns
This technology preview feature lets you print continuous tones using your Makerbot Replicator 2x 3D printer.
Do the following:
- Select the Makerbot Replicator 2x printer in the 3D Print Settings panel.
- Under Material, select Multitone Surface. If this option is not available for selection, ensure that the Multitone 3D Printing technology preview feature is already enabled.
- Select other options relevant to the 3D object you're printing.
- Select 3D > 3D Print to preview and print the 3D object.
For more information about 3D printing in Photoshop, see Print 3D objects.
Adobe welcomes your feedback on this feature. Visit this feedback link.