Photoshop ships with technology preview features that you can enable and try out. These features are not yet production-ready, so exercise discretion while using them. Do the following:
Enable a technology preview feature
- Select Preferences > Technology Previews.
- Select the technology preview feature that you want to enable. For example, select Design Space (Preview).
- Click OK.
To enable Multitone 3D printing, you must restart Photoshop.
Technology preview features in Photoshop CC 2015 release
- This feature is an early look at a new project we're working on. We're not yet there completely and we know it. We'd like to hear what you think of the direction this feature is taking and help us shape it into what you want it to be. Reach out to us @psdesign.
- Design Space (Preview) requires Mac OS X 10.10 or Windows 8.1 64-bit OS or higher and is currently displayed only in English.
Design Space (Preview) is aimed at becoming a modern design experience inside Photoshop streamlined for the requirements of web, UX and mobile app designers. It's an HMTL5/CSS/JS layer built on top of Photoshop. We’ve separated out standard Photoshop from the interface so that we can use this layer to create new UI, smarter interactions, and top-requested features. The source code can be found at github. This release is a Technology Preview, which means it's an early look at this new direction. It's rough and there is a limited feature set but we want to get this out early so that we can start hearing from you. Help us shape it to become the experience you want.
For more information and a list of known issues, see Design Space (Preview).
A. Tools B. Distribute and Align C. Transform D. Style E. Layers
This technology preview feature lets you print continuous tones using your Makerbot Replicator 2x 3D printer.
Do the following:
- Select the Makerbot Replicator 2x printer in the 3D Print Settings panel.
- Under Material, select Multitone Surface. If this option is not available for selection, ensure that the Multitone 3D Printing technology preview feature is already enabled.
- Select other options relevant to the 3D object that you're printing.
- Select 3D > 3D Print to preview and print the 3D object.
For more information about 3D printing in Photoshop, see Print 3D objects.
Adobe welcomes your feedback on this feature. Visit this feedback link.