Creative Cloud users can use Typekit fonts that have been synced on your computer. The fonts appear alongside other locally installed fonts. However, you can now use an option to view only the Typekit fonts in the Fonts list. This makes it easier to work with your favorite Typekit-based fonts.
Typekit fonts are protected fonts. They cannot be packaged with other fonts while creating an Illustrator package file. If you package a file with Typekit fonts, when you open the Illustrator file on a different computer running Illustrator CC or later, you will be notified of unavailable fonts. You can then use the Find Font dialog to identify and download the missing fonts from the Typekit website.
For more information, see Find missing fonts.
The Typekit font filter is available at two locations:
- Character panel (Ctrl + T) > font drop-down
- Control panel > font drop-down
Filtering Typekit fonts:
- Click the Typekit font filter (A, image above), to view only Typekit-based fonts.
- Click the Typekit website icon (B, image above), to open the Typekit website in your default browser.
- In an unfiltered view, all Typekit fonts are indicated with a Typekit font icon
- Search for fonts by typing the full or partial name of a font in the drop-down.
Accessing the Typekit website from Illustrator:
Browsing to the Typekit website from within Illustrator, also automatically signs you in. To go to the Typekit website, do one of the following:
- In the Control Panel, click the Font Family drop-down, and then click the Typekit website icon.
- In the Character panel (Ctrl/Cmd + T), click the Font Family drop-down, and then click the Typekit website icon.
Missing fonts workflow (Illustrator CC 2014)
You may open Illustrator files that contain Typekit-based fonts that are not available on your local computer. The enhanced Find Font dialog in Illustrator CC 2014 detects available fonts on the Typekit website and provides you with options to sync the missing fonts to your local computer.
For more information, read the article on finding missing fonts using the Typekit workflow.