For the latest system requirements visit http://www.adobe.com/go/indesign_systemreqs
For detailed instructions on installation, visit the installation page http://www.adobe.com/go/cs_install_instruct_en
You can now receive and immediately open documents sent by anyone using a different version of InDesign CC without extra steps like manually exporting to IDML. Compatibility is built right in, ensuring that your documents always open just as you would expect.
If you open a document created in a newer version of InDesign CC and click OK in the following message, InDesign CC uses a Creative Cloud service to convert the document to the InDesign CC version that you are running. InDesign CC then saves the converted document back to your computer.
This service is available only to Creative Cloud subscribers.
Refer to Adobe Support http://www.adobe.com/go/customer_support for late-breaking information and known issues for all Creative Suite 6 applications.
- The frame overset condition does not go away using Fit Frame to Content. (#3784306)
- A user is unable to print a multipage booklet. Also, an incorrect message is displayed to the user. (#3805383)
- If a user copies a file containing umlauts, the target filename is changed. (#3757236)
- For some documents, users are unable to open a InDesign CS5 document in CS6. This also causes InDesign to stop working. (#3723078)
- InDesign hangs when a user attempts to resize anchored graphic frames with text wrap applied. (#3649094)
- InDesign crashes when user attempts to increase the height of multi-column text frames. (#3687091)
- InDesign Hangs when AutoFit for text frame is changed to Height only. (#3703143)
- InDesign crashes if a user enters a custom width while creating a master page. (#3709890)
- Paragraph Style (Drop Caps And Nested Styles) cannot be deleted if inherited parent style has the same setting for IDML output. (#3718431)
- The indent to here functionality does not work correctly for Japanese composers. (#3720994)
- Specific EPS files cause InDesign to crash when exporting the document to PDF. (#3608014)
- InDesign CS6 fails to recognize links when accessing them from a DAM using Adobe Drive. (#3649135)
- The Save, Save As, and Save A Copy options get disabled after performing a drag-drop from Finder or Bridge. (#3653735)
- For Hebrew and Arabic languages, conditional text is not highlighted correctly in the Story Editor. (#3667884)
- In the Hebrew version of InDesign, the sequence of pages appears incorrectly for documents with right-to-left binding. (#3669233)
- Incorrect words are highlighted in different views by the Hebrew Spell checker. (#3675104)
- Objects placed on master pages disappear or are moved to unexpected locations when the document is exported to PDF. (#3675929)
- InDesign crashes after call to SetTextSelection function in specific scenarios. (#3678597)
- InDesign crashes if a user clicks the Links and Images tab in the Packages dialog when the same dialog is invoked from the Books panel. (3689149)
- InDesign takes about 10 seconds to complete a toggle layer visibility operation for a document with several master pages. (#3689151)
- InDesign crashes if a user opens an IDML file that has an empty tag of a text frame containing an inline text frame. (#3689166)
- InDesign crashes if a user exports a CS6 file to .idml and then attempts to open the CS6 file again. (#3691025)
- InDesign crashes if a user exports an idml to idml that has some specific cross-references and page references in the Index panel. (#3695290)
- Applying tag causes reflow as styles are applied incorrectly. (#3151594)
- In the Text Editor mode, InDesign crashes if a user drags a word into an empty note. (#3623132)
- The Fit Frame to Content function crashes InDesign. (#3628642)
- InDesign applies style incorrectly when importing a tagged ICML. (#3629232)
- A user is unable to move the cursor in some clustered Tamil text. (#3637073)
- The cursor jumps back to the start of text as soon as it touches a note on a line containing hyphenated text. (#3638783)
- InDesign crashes if the user places library items on a text frame. (#3646838)
- Words are breaking across lines but the hyphens are not shown when a discretionary hyphen is inserted. (#3653718)
- Empty text variables are not exported correctly to PDF. (#3656476)
- InDesign crashes when updating a page number within a document with the page shuffling enabled and locked items are present on the pages being shuffled. (#3656879)
For general Adobe Forums visit http://www.adobe.com/go/forums
To find help on topics related to downloading, installing, and getting started with your software visit http://community.adobe.com/t5/get-started/bd-p/get-started?page=1&sort=latest_replies&filter=all
For product help plus community-based instruction, inspiration, and support visit http://www.adobe.com/go/learn_InDesign_support_en
For Adobe Customer Care visit http://www.adobe.com/go/customer_support which provides assistance with product information, sales, registration, and other issues.
Outside of North America visit http://www.adobe.com/go/intlsupport/, click on the drop down menu under the question "Need a different country or region?", choose a different country or region, then click GO.