If you use Document Setup or Margins and Columns to make changes to an existing layout, such as altering page size or page margin, you could spend considerable time and effort in rearranging objects to fit the new layout. The Adjust Layout feature can do much of that work automatically by adjusting the page elements in your document layout when the page size, page margin, or bleed of the document changes.
Choose a page size from the menu or type values for width and height. You can also select the orientation for your document.
Select Auto-adjust margins to page size changes to dynamically adjust the margins with the changes you made in the page size, or enter the values for the margins manually.
Adjust Font Size
Select this option to modify the font size in your document based on the page size and margin changes. You can also define font size limits for automatic adjustment by selecting Set Font Size Limits and specifying a value for minimum and maximum font size.
When you use the Adjust Layout feature, objects like text and graphics get reconfigured with document bleed or margin changes based on the following:
- If the page size changes, ruler guides are moved to maintain proportional distances from page edges, margins, or column guides.
- The relative position of objects that are anchored to the text is maintained.
- Objects are moved to keep them in the same relative position on the page, if the page size or margins change.
- The alignment of objects to bleed, page border, page margin, columns, column gutter, guides, and grids is maintained.
- Relative alignment and space between objects in the document is maintained.
- You can decide whether to scale text or not. Text font size and leading changes with respect to the change in document size. Font size goes up to one decimal point after being scaled. No style change is made and all changes to text are as overrides.
- The aspect ratio of non-rectangular and rotated objects is maintained.
- Images fit proportionally maintaining the aspect ratio so that the content visible inside the frame remains nearly consistent.
- Each object within a group, whether rectangular or non-rectangular, is adjusted while maintaining the aspect ratio so that the shape of the group is intact.
- Pasteboard items are not resized. However, they do not overlap on the page.
- Any hidden objects or objects in a hidden layer are not resized.