Learn faster with the Illustrator Discover panel
- Illustrator User Guide
- Get to know Illustrator
- Introduction to Illustrator
- Workspace basics
- Learn faster with the Illustrator Discover panel
- Create documents
- Default keyboard shortcuts
- Customize keyboard shortcuts
- Introduction to artboards
- Manage artboards
- Customize the workspace
- Properties panel
- Set preferences
- Touch Workspace
- Microsoft Surface Dial support in Illustrator
- Undo edits and manage design history
- Rotate view
- Rulers, grids, and guides
- Accessibility in Illustrator
- Safe Mode
- View artwork
- Use the Touch Bar with Illustrator
- Files and templates
- Tools in Illustrator
- Tools at a glance
- Select tools
- Navigate tools
- Paint tools
- Text tools
- Draw tools
- Modify tools
- Quick actions
- Illustrator on the iPad
- Introduction to Illustrator on the iPad
- Select and arrange objects
- Work with images
- Cloud documents
- Add and edit content
- Drawing basics
- Edit paths
- Draw pixel-perfect art
- Draw with the Pen, Curvature, or Pencil tool
- Draw simple lines and shapes
- Image Trace
- Simplify a path
- Define perspective grids
- Symbolism tools and symbol sets
- Adjust path segments
- Design a flower in 5 easy steps
- Perspective drawing
- Draw pixel-aligned paths for web workflows
- 3D objects and materials
- Select and arrange objects
- Reshape objects
- Crop images
- Transform objects
- Combine objects
- Cut, divide, and trim objects
- Puppet Warp
- Scale, shear, and distort objects
- Blend objects
- Reshape using envelopes
- Reshape objects with effects
- Build new shapes with Shaper and Shape Builder tools
- Work with Live Corners
- Enhanced reshape workflows with touch support
- Edit clipping masks
- Live shapes
- Create shapes using the Shape Builder tool
- Global editing
- Add text and work with type objects
- Create bulleted and numbered lists
- Manage text area
- Fonts and typography
- Format type
- Import and export text
- Format paragraphs
- Special characters
- Create type on a path
- Character and paragraph styles
- Find missing fonts (Typekit workflow)
- Arabic and Hebrew type
- Fonts | FAQ and troubleshooting tips
- Create 3D text effect
- Creative typography designs
- Scale and rotate type
- Line and character spacing
- Hyphenation and line breaks
- Spelling and language dictionaries
- Format Asian characters
- Composers for Asian scripts
- Create text designs with blend objects
- Create a text poster using Image Trace
- Create special effects
- Web graphics
- Import, export, and save
- Creative Cloud Libraries in Illustrator
- Prepare for printing
- Automate tasks
Learn how to work on the Discover panel and explore tools and articles within Illustrator.
The Discover panel oﬀers contextually relevant help and learning resources to quickly locate articles and work efficiently with the tools in Illustrator.
The panel gives you recommendations that improve speed and efficiency with Illustrator tools. These recommendations include tips and tutorials on how to get multi-step workﬂows done faster.
Open Discover panel
To access the new Discover panel in Illustrator, do one of the following:
- Press F1.
- Select the Search icon ( ) at the upper right of the interface.
- Choose Help > Illustrator Help.
To exit the Discover panel, hit the Esc key.
The Discover panel home screen offers three helpful sections to orient you to key learning resources.
Suggested content at the top of the interface jump-starts your learning journey. Your suggestions become more personalized based on your search history and the content you choose.
Discover something new! Skip your search and use the section to easily find in-app tutorials and information about the latest Illustrator features.
Quick external links to useful Adobe resources help you continue learning or expand Illustrator features with plugins.
A. Suggestion B. Browse C. Resource links
Explore search experience
You can use the Discover panel search bar to access the full repository of tools, in-app tutorials, and articles that help you build your skills. Search offers auto-complete suggestions including suggested content, tool shortcuts, and quick links.
Use theto return to the previous page, or select the home icon to start over.
View search results
The Discover panel surfaces tools and menu items based on your search queries. The search results page organizes recommended content into easily identifiable categories.
When you select the search result, a floating blue coach mark appears to help you discover where the tools or menu items are located.
View search results
Quick actions are available within the Discover panel to complete workflow with a single click. Select Browse> Quick actions, to find the list of quick actions that you can apply to your objects.
The quick action changes are applied automatically if the object is selected. If you want to learn more about Quick actions, select the icon.
To apply Quick actions to your objects, do the following:
Here is the list of quick actions in Illustrator that you can explore:
- Convert sketch into vector: Converts hand-drawn sketches to vector artwork.
- Recolor: Applies a random color theme to your artwork.
- Retro text: Gives your text a vintage look.
- Neon glow text: Gives your text a neon glow effect.
- Old school: Gives your text an old-school look
Find important information quickly with optimized search results. Find tools and learn to use them seamlessly with the help of Tool Tips and Techniques.
- Tool Tip: Gives an idea about using the tool.
- Tool Technique: Gives step-by-step instructions on how to use the tool.
Configure Discover panel Preferences
To open the Discover panel's Preferences settings, select the
- Location coach marks: Enable to view the location of the tool or a feature within the app when the pointer is over it.
- Quick select: Enable to select the top tool or feature when you press Enter / Return after typing in the search field. When turned off, pressing Enter / Return shows all results.
Watch this 2 minute 55 seconds video on how to make the most of Illustrator's native search panel.