On rare occasions, you may face any of the following issues:
- Illustrator stops responding
- Illustrator seems to intermittently slow down
- An error message is displayed about the Preferences folder being read-only
|C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe|
|C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Illustrator <version> Settings|
In folder paths or names listed in the procedures, replace the parts between angular brackets '<>' with the details required.
- Replace <user> with your account name.
- Replace <version> with the version of Illustrator you are using.