Crash on launch | Kernelbase.dll error | Windows
Photoshop CC crashes on launch and displays kernelbase.dll error as the faulting module in the Event Viewer.
This issue occurs when you have two different graphics cards using two different drivers. For example, one of them is an Intel graphics card and the other is an NVIDIA or AMD graphics card.
Ensure that Photoshop has been assigned the High Performance graphics card rather than Integrated Graphics or Power Saving graphics card.
Note: Photoshop currently doesn't take advantage of more than one graphics processor. Using two graphics cards does not enhance Photoshop's performance. Multiple graphics cards with conflicting drivers can cause problems with graphics-processor accelerated features in Photoshop.
For details, see Photoshop graphics processor (GPU) card FAQ.
- Right-click anywhere on the desktop and choose the NVIDIA control panel.
- Click Manage 3D settings.
- Click Program Settings and add Photoshop.exe and sniffer.exe. Change the preferred graphics processor to High-performance NVIDIA processor.
- Right-click anywhere on the desktop and choose the AMD Catalyst Control Center or Configure Switchable Graphics.
- Click Browse and choose High Performance instead of Power Saving.