The Colorize filter will automatically assign colors to the image using AI. You can adjust the color balance after enabling the filter by moving the sliders in the Neural Filters panel.
- Enable the Colorize filter by clicking on the circle next to the filter.
- Adjust the sliders to the desired color balance.
In cases where you wish to use a color other than the one automatically selected by the filter, such as changing the color of clothing in a portrait, you can drop a pin on the desired area and select a different color.
- Click on the Color picker below the image preview and select a color.
- Click on the preview image at the location you wish to change the selected color. This will drop a pin on the focal point and fill the related area with the selected color.
- You can select the pin to edit the color or drag the pin to another location.
- Continue adding pins and selecting colors as needed.
- Hold Alt/Option and drag an existing point to duplicate a color in another location in the image.
- From the main menu, go to Image>Mode and ensure your image is set to RGB Color rather than Grayscale.
- To toggle between the before and after preview for the filter, click on the preview mode icon in the lower left corner of the gallery.