When you try to open a raw file saved on a network-attached storage or an external storage, Photoshop displays the error: Could not complete your request because the file was not found.
This issue occurs in the following scenarios:
- When opening raw files from Bridge into Photoshop
- When using Edit In Photoshop from Lightroom
- When adding rating/labeling in Bridge
When opening images from Lightroom
Roll back to Adobe Camera Raw version 11.1. The installer link can be found here: Camera Raw 11.1 installer (macOS)
When opening raw images from Bridge
Do any of the following:
- Select multiple images instead of a single image.
- Set the option in Adobe Bridge preferences to open raw files in Camera Raw from Adobe Bridge. Choose Edit > Preferences (Windows) or Adobe Bridge > Preferences (Mac OS). In the General tab, select Double-Click Edits Camera Raw Settings In Bridge. If this preference is not selected, double-clicking raw files opens them in Photoshop.