- Download the Camera_Raw_8_5.dmg.zip file below into a folder you can remember, such as the Desktop.
- Navigate to and double-click the downloaded file to unzip it. Double-click the resulting Camera_Raw_8_5.dmg file to decompress it. The resulting file is Camera Raw.plugin.
- Quit all versions of Photoshop and Bridge (CS6, CC, and CC2014).
- Navigate to your Macintosh HD.\
- If you have CC 2014 or CC: navigate to and open the Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CC/File Formats folder.
- If you have CS6: navigate to and open the Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CS6/File Formats folder.
- IMPORTANT: The Library folder referenced here is the root Library folder on your hard disk, not the Library folder under your user folder.
- Copy the Camera Raw.plugin from step 2 into the File Formats folder.
IMPORTANT: This new file overwrites the file already in this folder. It's important that only one Camera Raw.plugin file is in this folder.
- Reopen Photoshop or Bridge.